SOLD by SONJA LAMBERTON
Occupying a brilliant north to rear land parcel of 1246sqm, this impressive family home offers a peaceful, private sanctuary in a sought-after location.
Simply known as “The Bungalow”, the grand 1920’s home combines exquisite period features with finely designed enhancements, creating an elegant, light filled family haven and an enviable lifestyle.
Expert Heritage Architect David White designed the modern extension and restoration of the home. Prized elements such as high ornate ceiling, original Kauri floorboards, “arts & crafts” woodwork, open fire places and gorgeous leadlight windows were refreshed and harmoniously blended for modern-day living.
Enjoy the warm light-filled open plan family zone overlooking expansive gardens and sun-drenched in-ground pool. The versatile floorplan also offers ample work from home space and opportunity for intergenerational living.
Privately placed in a quiet tree-lined street the home is located a short drive or one train stop to the hub of Hornsby. Mere footsteps will take you to Asquith train station, Coles, parks and several popular schools.
– Circa 1926 full brick bungalow revamped for contemporary living
– 10ft ceilings, working fireplaces, original architraves, Kauri floorboards
– Sun-lit northerly family room with a seamless indoor/outdoor flow
– Covered al-fresco deck overlooks the child friendly garden and pool
– Well equipped kitchen, 900mm Belling oven, 5 burner gas cooker
– Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning throughout, natural gas connected
– 4 double bedrooms, period style bathrooms, plantation shutters
– Relax in your own Finnish style Western Red Cedar sauna
– Oversized double lock up garage, workshop/storage, side access
– Tranquil location approx. 600m to Asquith station
– Choice of many elite public and private schools nearby
“We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations…”